Reflexology vs Massage
Reflexology is not Massage
- Applied to specific areas of the body (ears, face, feet, hands etc.)
- Promotes a response in an area removed from the stimulated reflex point.
- Only the outdoor clothing comes off.
- Uses small muscle movements of the hands, thumbs, and fingers.
- Improves the function of the organs, systems, and glands through reflexive stimulation.
- Healing is based on stimulating the nervous system through reflex points.
- Specialized understanding of reflex points and related anatomy.
- Applied to the whole body (muscles and connective tissue).
- Promotes a local response in the muscles and connective tissue.
- All the clothes are removed.
- Uses large muscle movements of the hands, feet, arms, and elbows.
- Changes soft tissue through direct stimulation.
- Healing is based on direct muscle and connective tissue contact.
- Specialized understanding of anatomy.